Mister Minit specialises in the services of shoe repairs, key cutting and duplication, engraving and watch service.
Established in 1957, the Mister Minit team continue to build a strong service brand through commitment to excellence in customer service and continual improvements in relation to our customers changing needs.
As a people based service business serving over 3.5 million customers every year we are committed to providing an environment and opportunity that attract the best people. Investment in training and development, ensure our Team Members are experienced in the latest technology and expertise.
Mister Minit’s future will continually be driven by our vision:
‘To be an excellent service brand “MISTER MINIT” through excelling
in the categories of Shoe, Key, Engraving and Watch.’
Tips And Tricks
- Boots that are too tight can be split and elastic gussets or zippers can be inserted to increase the width of the calf area. Boots can also be cut down to make shorter or run in to make narrower.
- If your leather shoes were to become wet, pack them with newspaper. This helps to draw out the moisture and maintain the shape of the shoe as it dries. Let them dry at room temperature. NEVER (EVER) dry your leather shoes with extreme heat such as heaters or hair driers. This causes the leather to shrink and or crack.
- You should never clean leather with soap, shampoo or detergents as they can cause the leather surface to breakdown, and can sometimes strip the colour. Did you know leather is like skin and requires moisture to stop from drying out? To prevent dryness and cracking, treat every 3-6 months with Mister Minit Leather Conditioner
- Don’t wear the same pair of leather shoes every day. Allowing your shoes to breathe and ventilate will prevent sweat making its way inside the shoe which causes the lining to come away. Mister Minit has a stay fresh anti bacterial spray (available from all shops), made from natural silver salt. This kills the bacteria, causing foot odour.
- Always keep handbags and shoes in their dust bags. Mister Minit suggests cotton dust bags are the best because it allows the leather to breathe
- Use leather conditioner before storing and after storing for a season, to prevent the growth of mould. Did you know mould won’t grow on fresh leather?
- Mister Minit can stretch shoes by up to half a size
- When you first buy a pair of suede and nubuck shoes, apply a water and stain protector
- Over loading your bag can cause unnecessary strain on the stitching and or eyelets, it can also cause the leather/shape of the bag to stretch. If stitching comes away or eyelets are broken, repair straight away at your local Mister Minit shop
- Keep your handbag/purse off the ground where ever you go. It’s both hygienic, plus the leather can absorb excess moisture resulting in mould growth
- Waterproofing your bag – if you’ve purchased a new bag (leather, suede, fabric materials included), make sure you waterproof your investment. If you’re ever caught out in the rain, it will protect your bag from water damage. Waterproofing your bag will also seal in the colour to stop the colour from bleeding on to clothes if you are ever caught in the rain with your bag.
- Use a suede and nubuck brush to help lift off dirt and ensure the nap is laying in the same direction